We celebrated our eldest daughter, Jessica’s 25th birthday a week ago (time flies). She’s very much a country girl, loves all animals but especially sheep and pigs, so I knew I wanted to make her a card with a pig on it. Then started the search on the internet for the suitable piggy. I just fell in love with Doodle Pantry’s “Mud Piggy” and had to buy the digital stamp… You’ll see why below by the card I made for her.
isn’t he adorable!!! Needless to say, she agreed!
The card was made digitally (how I usually make all my cards nowadays) using MSPublisher.
- 300gsm white card
- Digital paper patterns from my stash (floral, stripes, gingham)
- “Mud Piggy” digital stamp from Doodle Pantry http://www.doodlepantry.com
- Digital stamp from my stash “Happy Birthday” (tag on front of card)
- I created my own digital stamp greeting “Have a pig-in-mud birthday” for inside the insert
- Used my Pazzles Inspiration to cut the circles and scalloped circle
1. I printed 3 of the piggies and cut them to make him appear 3-D when layered (I call this tole work, others call it decoupage), using 3-D foam squares.
2. I printed the floral pattern and stripe pattern onto half of the white A4 300gsm card.
3. Cut a circle from brown card in my stash and a scalloped circle (using a yellow gingham digital patterned paper) on my Pazzles Inspiration Digital Die Cutting Machine
4. Cut a bracket border from a patterned stripey digital paper on the Pazzles
5. Assembled the card
6. To cover the bare string on the back of the front of the card, I printed the same stripe as the front onto 160gsm and adhered it with double sided sticky tape
I always like to make the insert a little special too and so I printed the digital image of “Mud Piggy” on the front….
And there you are, one completed Mud Piggy card and one delighted daughter!