Our youngest daughter, Alyssia, graduated recently from Loughborough University with a First Class BSc Honours Degree in Computer Science and I just can’t tell you just how very proud we are. She achieved so much whilst at Loughborough, including Events Coordinator for the Belly Dancing Society and Programming Student Representative despite having arthritis and Crohn’s Disease. She also had 100% attendance.
I just had to mark this special occasion with a special card. I had seen the “pop-up boxes” on many blogs and decided to give it a try and was delighted at the outcome.
The card folded
- Tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers
- Black card from We R Memory Keepers Textured Cardstock Pad
- White 300 gsm card from The Range store on which I printed
- the purple/white Pretty Doodles design in violet from Pink Petticoat
- all the wordArt (designed by myself) and elements
- Purple thread from Making Memories Scrapbook Details stitches (Watercolor Brite) to make the tassle
- Cuttlebug & Nestabilities die to create the tag – “The tassle was worth the hassle”.
- tiny silver star confetti & Stickles “Star Dust” for the “Reach for the stars” wordArt
- the Loughborough University crest courtesy of their website.
The main, personal greeting from us to our daughter was on the back of the card.
The card folded down to fit inside a UK C5 (half A4 size) envelope with a little room.
If you would like to make one of this type of card (or any of the other cards featured on my blog) and would like any advice, please do not hesitate to contact me.